Not all cases of cerebral palsy are due to medical malpractice, but some are. If your child received a diagnosis of cerebral palsy in Fort Collins, you should look into the possible causes of the condition with the assistance of a Fort Collins cerebral palsy lawyer.
If the conditions that led to your child’s cerebral palsy were due to medical error, then your family may be entitled to financial compensation that could assist you with their care.
Call our team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation regarding the legal options that may be available to you.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Caring for a Child with Cerebral Palsy Can Be Expensive
The cost of raising a child with a disability such as cerebral palsy can be high. Considering that children with cerebral palsy may need some level of assistance well into their adult years, the direct cost of raising your child could reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Some costs that may result from a diagnosis of cerebral palsy include:
- Diagnostic doctor’s appointments, which may require visits to an array of specialists
- Therapeutic doctor’s appointments
- Salaries for caregivers, which your child may require on a part- or full-time basis
- Income that you give up because you need to care for your child
- Expensive medications
- Special education
- Housing, which you may need to provide your child into their adult years depending on the severity of their cerebral palsy
- Any other costs that an adult would generally pay for, but an adult with cerebral palsy may not be able to afford on their own
It is important that you not underestimate the resources required to care properly for someone with cerebral palsy throughout their life.
If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, or you suspect that they may have cerebral palsy, do not hesitate to call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group. A member of our legal team can discuss your legal options. Call us at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation.
Fort Collins Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
A Hospital May Be Guilty of Negligence and Causing Your Child’s Injuries
There are multiple causes and risk factors of cerebral palsy. Some of the causes are not preventable, but other causes are the result of medical error. A lawyer, along with any trusted medical experts that they may consult, can help you understand whether you have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
There are several possible reasons why a medical malpractice lawsuit may be warranted with respect to your child’s cerebral palsy. Your Fort Collins cerebral palsy lawyer will examine the actions of the hospital where you gave birth. They may have been negligent by:
- Failing to identify or treat a maternal infection
- Failing to diagnose conditions that restrict the baby’s blood supply
- Failing to provide the necessary resources to prevent a birth injury
- Failing to ensure sanitary conditions
- Failing to vet the individuals involved in your child’s prenatal care, delivery, and post-birth care for red flags in their personal, professional, or criminal histories
If a jury determines that your child’s cerebral palsy resulted from a preventable birth injury, the facility where you gave birth may be responsible for covering some or all of your losses.
You May Be Owed Compensation for Your Losses
Every case of medical malpractice resulting in cerebral palsy is unique. Possible awards will depend on the specific circumstances of your child’s injury as determined by a Fort Collins cerebral palsy lawyer. Possible coverage may include:
- Reimbursement for the money you have paid to any defendants in your case, including the hospital where you gave birth
- Medical care required by your child’s cerebral palsy
- Caregiver expenses
- The cost of rehabilitation appointments, and the cost of transportation to those appointments
- Mental anguish suffered by you and your child
A lawyer will fight for these awards and any other compensation that you are entitled to because of negligence. To discuss the specific compensation that may be available in your case, contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Lawyer Can Help as You Focus on Your Child
No matter your child’s age or the time that has passed since their diagnosis of cerebral palsy, you are likely focusing a large amount of time and attention on caring for your child—as you should be. Even thinking about the steps necessary to bring legal action may be overwhelming.
Fortunately, a lawyer can handle that process for you. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group represents families like yours in childbirth medical malpractice cases. When we represent you, a member of our team can:
- Speak with you about your child’s condition and discuss possible outcomes in your case
- Manage the evidence gathering
- Hire medical and vocational experts to testify in your defense as needed
- Handle all communications with the medical facility, insurance companies, and the courts
- Negotiate for a settlement offer with the insurance company
- Take them to court if they are not willing to make you a fair offer based on the evidence we produce.
When the Birth Injury Lawyers Group takes on your case, you will get time away from the proceedings to focus on your family.
Call Our Team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group offers a complimentary case evaluation to families in Fort Collins. We can proceed with any legal action that is necessary based on the details of your child’s injury. Call us at (800) 222-9529.
Do not wait to call, as statutes of limitation may limit your window for pursuing compensation.