The term cerebral palsy refers to several possible disorders that may affect muscular and cognitive function in your child. Many children who are diagnosed with cerebral palsy also have another condition. Parenting a child with cerebral palsy can require additional time, patience, and financial resources.
While some cases of cerebral palsy are unpreventable, others may occur due to an act of medical malpractice.
If your child’s condition was caused by negligent prenatal and delivery care, you may be able to collect compensation through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group represents Thornton families in these types of actions. Call us at (800) 222-9529 to speak with a Thornton cerebral palsy lawyer about your eligibility for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with Thornton Cerebral Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
Raising a Child with Cerebral Palsy Takes Resources
There are many costs to raising a child with cerebral palsy. They may include:
- Ongoing care from doctors and therapists
- Certified caregivers or educational services
- Time spent personally taking care of your child, as those with cerebral palsy may require regular assistance with basic tasks
- Parenting that lasts well into your child’s adult years
- A possible reduction in hours worked individually or between parents due to the need to care for your child
It is critical that you examine the possible cause of your child’s cerebral palsy. If the cause was an error by one or more medical professionals, then the liable parties may be responsible for funding much of the assistance that you and your child need.
Thornton Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Medical Error May Have Caused Your Child’s Cerebral Palsy
Although some cases of cerebral palsy cannot be prevented, others are caused needlessly by a doctor’s negligent care. The actions taken or not taken by those responsible for caring for you when pregnant could have caused your child’s cerebral palsy.
Preventable causes of cerebral palsy could include:
- A mother contracting an infection while she is pregnant. Infections during pregnancy may be a result of inadequate monitoring by an obstetrician.
- An infection of the child’s brain, which may have been avoidable with proper care and medical advice.
- The child being deprived of blood or oxygen before or during birth. Such a condition may have been preventable by the foresight of a doctor.
When assessing the doctor’s behavior, you must ask yourself both what they did and did not do that may have contributed to your child’s cerebral palsy. Possible cerebral palsy-causing medical errors may include:
- Using forceps, a vacuuming device, or other birth assistance tools in a way that was improper
- Failing to properly spot and diagnose a condition that threatened your child’s health, such as your child being in breech position
- Using excessive force during delivery
- Misdiagnosing a condition in a way that harmed your child’s health
When something as important as your child’s health was compromised, it is important to find out who is responsible. A lawyer can consult other professionals to help you in the process of establishing fault and bringing legal action that could allow you to recover your losses.
Click to contact our Thornton Cerebral Palsy lawyers today
Know What a Thornton Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Can Do for You
Parents who are learning how to raise a child with cerebral palsy do not have much time on their hands, as you likely know. Still, it is important that you explore your options for collecting compensation if your child’s cerebral palsy was caused by medical malpractice.
Fortunately, you are not alone in this endeavor. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group takes on the casework of the families in Thornton we represent. When you work with us, a lawyer from our firm can:
- Give you answers, legal advice, and discuss the possible outcomes of your case
- Communicate with the hospitals and insurance companies on your behalf
- Consult medical professionals to fully understand the details of your case and identify instances of doctor negligence
- Gather evidence in your family’s defense
- File your case in court and negotiate directly with the insurance company
- Take the insurance company to trial if they do not make you a fair settlement offer
- Protect the rights of both you and your child
A successful case may result in you collecting compensation for:
- Medical costs related to your child’s delivery and cerebral palsy treatments
- Ongoing and future costs of medical care and treatments
- The cost of qualified childcare
- Your lost wages from time spent managing your child’s cerebral palsy
- Pain and suffering
- And more
To discuss what compensation may be available in your case, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group will fight on behalf of your family in Thornton for any compensation you may deserve because of medical negligence. Not only do you stand to recover money through legal action, but when you hold a healthcare facility accountable for malpractice, you may protect future children from similar harm.
Call a Thornton cerebral palsy lawyer at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation on your malpractice case. Do not delay, as a statute of limitations may place a strict timeline on how long you have to take legal action. If this legal timeline expires in your case, it may affect your ability to recover compensation.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group operates on a contingency-fee-basis, with no up-front costs to the clients we represent.