If your child suffered birth injuries and has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, it is possible that a medical professional may have breached their duty of care to you.
If you suspect that a preventable situation occurred during your pregnancy or delivery, and that a doctor was negligent in their care to you, you may be able to recover compensation in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Call the Westminster cerebral palsy lawyers at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 to discuss your case at no cost. We represent families in Westminster when their children have been injured as a result of medical malpractice.
You will pay no up-front costs for representation from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, as we operate on a contingency-fee-basis.
For a free legal consultation with Westminster Cerebral Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
How Medical Malpractice May Result in Cerebral Palsy
Cerebral palsy can be the result of:
- A lack of oxygen to the child’s brain, also known as asphyxia
- Damage to the child’s brain, which could occur before, during, or after birth
- Other possible causes
There are some situations where a doctor has no control over a child who is born with cerebral palsy. Other times, the causes of cerebral palsy are preventable. If a doctor is negligent in their care and does not take basic steps to prevent these injuries, it could be a case of medical malpractice.
You may have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit if the cerebral palsy was caused by:
- Your doctor failing to spot an infection while your child was in the womb
- Your doctor misdiagnosing a condition that allowed cerebral palsy to develop or worsen
- Your doctor failing to have an actionable plan for a high-risk scenario that arose during labor
- Your doctor using birthing assistance tools such as forceps or a vacuum extraction device in a way that harmed your child
- Your doctor using excessive force during delivery
There are a number of possibilities in which a doctor, nurse, or medical facility may have contributed to your child’s cerebral palsy. A lawyer may be able to hire a medical expert to examine your case and identify possible forms of negligence that could have caused your child’s condition.
If your case succeeds, you may be able to collect compensation covering medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Westminster Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
How a Lawyer Can Advocate for You
When you work with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, a lawyer from our firm in Westminster will get to work building your case. Their responsibilities may include:
- Collecting all available records that pertain to your pregnancy, labor, and post-birth care
- Consulting medical professionals who can shed light on any negligence that took place
- Managing legal deadlines and paperwork
- Collecting evidence of malpractice, including photos, videos, medical records, second opinions, and more
- Interviewing any witnesses, such as other professionals in the room during your prenatal care, labor, or postnatal care
- Constructing a case for compensation based on the facts and available evidence in your case
- Negotiating for a settlement with the insurance companies
- Taking them to court if they are not willing to compensate you fairly
Our lawyers will defend your family’s privacy and rights throughout the legal process. Call us at (800) 222-9529 to get started.
Click to contact our Westminster Cerebral Palsy lawyers today
Compensation You May Recover
Raising a child with cerebral palsy could have a variety of financial impacts on your family. If we are able to prove that your doctor committed medical malpractice, the next step will be to demonstrate the extent of these damages.
Accordingly, your lawyer will also seek evidence for the following damages:
- Medical bills paid for the negligent care
- Ongoing costs of medical treatment for your child, including therapist and specialist care
- Certified caregivers or educators required for your child
- Loss of family income if either parent stops working to care for their child
- Pain and suffering
- And more
These expenses may last for many years. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group may be able to hire medical and vocational experts to testify about the estimated future financial impact of your child’s cerebral palsy.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Defend Your Family
When your child is born with cerebral palsy, your main focus is likely their care and wellbeing. It can be difficult to research legal options and coordinate a lawsuit during this time.
When you partner with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, our lawyers will take the casework out of your hands. We will fight for compensation on your behalf and keep you informed throughout the process so you can concentrate on your family. You will not need to worry about gathering evidence, talking to insurance companies, or investing in expert testimony.
Do not delay in taking legal action. A statute of limitations in Colorado limits the time that Westminster families have to file suit in a medical malpractice case. If this time period runs out, it could impact your ability to recover compensation.
Call the Westminster cerebral palsy lawyers at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group now at (800) 222-9529. A consultation with our legal team is free. Should you hire us for representation, you can rest assured that there are no up-front costs to you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we do not take payment unless you win a settlement or awards in court.