When the birth process does not go according to plan, it can be terrifying for the parents. You put your trust in the hands of medical professionals, and they potentially failed you. If your child suffered a birth injury, you could be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
A Chandler brain damage birth injury lawyer can help you during this difficult time. You have enough on your hands. Let the Birth Injury Lawyers Group take care of the legal process and fight to get you the compensation you may deserve. Call our team at
(800) 222-9529 to schedule your free consultation.
Compensation After a Brain Damage Birth Injury
Taking care of a baby that has suffered birth injuries can be costly. It can also completely change your life. You should not have to suffer for the damage caused by another person’s negligence. You could be entitled to compensation for the injuries your baby has suffered.
According to AZ Rev Stat (ARS) §12-542, you typically have up to two years to file a medical malpractice claim, although the deadline could be tolled until your child’s 20th birthday per ARS §12-502. You could qualify to receive the following compensation:
- Medical expenses: The medical care your baby may need can be extensive. You could recover awards for the medical expenses you incurred because of the brain injury.
- Loss of income: If you had to take time off work to care for your child, you could be compensated for this time. The care and medical attention that a baby requires when they have brain damage could keep a parent from work longer than expected.
- Future medical expenses: Brain injuries may result in medical bills throughout the baby’s life. You could be compensated in advance for these expenses.
- Diminished quality of life: Some brain injuries that occur at birth may go away after some time. However, there is a chance they are incurable. You could receive compensation for a diminished quality of life.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover awards for the pain and suffering you and your child had to endure.
How Can Negligence Cause Brain Damage at Birth?
Brain damage caused at birth may have various factors that come into play. The way the baby was born, the medical professionals’ actions, and the steps taken after birth can all play a significant part in the severity of a birth injury.
If the medical professionals do not handle the baby with care, they could cause brain damage. The circumstances surrounding your child’s birth can also cause trauma.
How the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Can Help You
If your child suffered brain damage during birth due to medical negligence, you could receive compensation for their injuries. Whether the injuries are long-term or short-term, you should not be responsible for paying for the treatments they need to live a full life.
A Chandler brain damage birth injury lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you fight for the compensation you may deserve after your child’s injuries. Call (800) 222-9529 for your free case review with a member of our team. We can help you at no up-front cost, and we do not get paid unless you recover compensation.