It’s shocking to discover that your child has suffered a birth injury. It’s even more of a shock to learn how much it can cost your family to care for it. Some birth injuries will need over a million dollars to manage. You owe it to your family to see what caused your child’s birth injury and if you could receive compensation for what happened.
The way to do that is to speak with a Gilbert, AZ, birth injury attorney from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group. We can discover if your child was the victim of medical malpractice and what your legal options are to recover damages that could pay for your child’s care.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
When Does a Birth Injury Become Medical Malpractice?
If medicine were a perfect science, everyone who sees a doctor would get cured. We all know that medical treatment doesn’t work like that. Your child’s birth injury may result from bad luck. So how do you know if malpractice may have caused it?
The answer is to speak with a birth injury lawyer that has the experience and the access to medical experts to understand what happened to your child. To have a valid medical malpractice case, you must prove four things:
- There was a medical relationship between you and the person you’re suing
- The defendant did something outside the normal standards of care set by the medical profession
- That act caused your child’s birth injury, either directly or indirectly
- How your child was harmed and how that has affected your family, both financially and non-financially.
You do not have to prove these things on your own. Malpractice insurers have lawyers on their side to fight off claims. Don’t face them alone. Instead, contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group and get someone on your side who can fight the insurers on their level.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
How Does a Birth Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Malpractice insurers have teams of lawyers on their side fighting claims against doctors. They don’t want to admit that your doctor harmed your child because of negligence. An insurer will try many tactics to deny your claim or get you to settle for less than what your case is worth.
Once you have a birth injury lawyer on your side, those tactics won’t work anymore. We keep the insurers honest and push for justice for victims and their families. Some of the many tasks we do for clients include:
- Handling all communication with the insurers.
- Advising you on how to maximize your claim.
- Gather evidence to pay for all of your damages, not just what the insurers want to pay you.
- Speak with medical experts who’ll testify how your doctors acted negligently and what they should have done instead.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to get you a fair settlement.
- Take them to court if they fail to give you the justice you deserve.
When your child needs hundreds of thousands of dollars of care, the insurance companies have a lot of incentive to fight your claim. Fight back with the help of our birth injury attorneys in Gilbert, AZ. We’re ready to help and we’ll be glad to explain how we’ve won previous birth injury cases in your consultation.
Click to contact our birth injury lawyers today
Common Birth Injury Cases
If you’re considering working with a birth injury attorney, your baby probably has a serious birth injury that you cannot afford to treat. The most common cases we see involve high-cost birth injuries like:
- Cerebral Palsy – A disorder of the brain that causes involuntary muscle movements and posture issues. There are many causes, including a lack of blood or oxygen to the brain in the critical moments when a baby learns to breathe on their own.
- Broken Bones – An infant with a broken bone missed by a doctor could create permanent deformities and cause your child pain as they grow.
- Erb’s Palsy – This is a condition that paralyzes the arms and creates a tell-tale twist in the hand. Doctors cause many cases when they use forceps incorrectly.
- Brain Damage – Infant brain damage can be caused by a pinched umbilical cord, an infection, and many other causes. The changes caused by brain damage are unpredictable. Some babies don’t make it.
- Obstetric Difficulties – Conditions like shoulder dystocia or preeclampsia that only appear during pregnancy and birth can damage a mother and a child. Doctors should know and account for risk factors and take prompt action if these appear. If they don’t, you may have a case.
Regardless of the birth injury, you deserve to know if your doctor could have prevented it with better medical care. We’ve helped families with birth injuries large and small get compensation for what happened. Your child wouldn’t have been hurt if the doctor wasn’t negligent, so we will make them pay up.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Do I Pay for a Birth Injury Attorney?
Birth injuries can happen to anyone and compensation for negligent injuries shouldn’t be only for people with money. Birth injury attorneys only get paid a fee if they successfully get money for their clients. In other words, if you do not win then you do not have to pay.
Most birth injury attorneys won’t charge you anything while they work on the case. You may need to pay for medical examinations for your child to get evidence for your claim, but the costs of these can get added to your damages.
If you win your case, your lawyer will take a percentage of the total winnings as their fee. That percentage depends on the difficulty and length of your case. Speak with your attorney about their fee structure during your consultation so you understand how much you’ll pay from your recovered damages.
Hire a Birth Injury Attorney in Gilbert, AZ, for Advice
Are you uncertain if medical malpractice caused your child’s injury? Do you feel buried by medical debt for your child’s care and wonder if there is another way to pay for it? Find out if you have a medical malpractice lawsuit by speaking with our birth injury attorneys.
Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you find a lawyer in Gilbert, AZ, who can help you with your claim. To learn your legal options, call or email us to schedule a free consultation. We will listen to your story, study any evidence you have, decide if you have a case, and tell you how we’ll help you if you hire us.
Don’t face the malpractice insurers alone, and don’t accept your child’s injuries without getting answers. Call today for your free consultation.
Call or text 1-800-222-9529
or complete a Free Case Evaluation form