The umbilical cord can be the source of problems for your baby and your delivery. In many cases, the treating medical professional can resolve the issue with the umbilical cord.
However, when a medical professional’s negligence results in injuries to you or your baby, we can help you hold them accountable.
If your baby suffered an umbilical cord injury, you could be entitled to compensation for the injuries. A Gilbert umbilical cord birth injury lawyer from our law firm can help you through the process.
Contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
You May Be Eligible for Compensation
A minor medical mistake can impact the rest of your family’s life. Medical professionals are trained to look for problems that may occur with your baby’s umbilical cord.
Issues Healthcare Professionals Should Be Prepared For
Some common problems that may arise with the umbilical cord include:
- Umbilical cord prolapse: This is when the umbilical cord is delivered before the baby.
- Vasa previa: Vasa previa is when blood vessels cross the cervix.
- Umbilical cord compression: Umbilical cord compression occurs when the umbilical cord stretches or compresses, affecting the blood flow.
- Nuchal cords: This is when the umbilical cord gets wrapped around the baby’s neck.
- True knots: True knots are when the umbilical cord gets wrapped around itself and forms a knot.
Proving You Are Entitled to Compensation
If you and your baby suffered from one of the above conditions or other complications with the umbilical cord, you might be able to get compensation due to your injuries.
You could be entitled to compensation if:
- The medical professional was aware of the condition and did not treat it properly.
- The medical professional did not take the proper steps to diagnose the condition.
- The medical professional was aware of the condition and attempted to treat it but did not do so safely or effectively.
A Gilbert umbilical cord birth injury lawyer from our firm can help you demonstrate that that medical negligence caused your child’s injuries. You have nothing to lose by contacting our team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group for a free case review.
Types of Compensation You May Be Entitled To
You could be entitled to compensation that includes:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical treatments you or your baby may need
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of wages
- Decrease in salary
Gilbert Umbilical Cord Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Statute of Limitations
While you may be able to fight for compensation for your baby’s injuries, there is a statute of limitations that we must follow.
According to Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-542, the deadline to file a medical malpractice lawsuit is typically two years after the date of the incident. However, Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-502 lengthens this deadline when the victim of medical malpractice is a minor under 18 years of age. In these cases, the victim has until their 20th birthday to file their medical malpractice lawsuit.
The sooner you contact our team, the sooner we can get started on your claim.
We Need Time to Build Your Case
We want to get started on your claim as soon as we can so we can get to work gathering evidence. This evidence could include:
- Expert testimony
- Proof of doctor-patient relationship
- Medical records
- Proof the injury occurred
- The effects of the injury
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group wants to do everything we can to get you the compensation you may deserve. You and your baby have already been through enough. Let us walk you through the next steps.
Proving Your Child’s Umbilical Cord Birth Injuries
Every baby is different, and every umbilical cord injury is different. While some babies may not have any lasting effects, other babies can have life-changing injuries.
The extent of the effects of an umbilical cord birth injury varies depending on how quickly the problem is resolved, how quickly the baby is born, and how the medical professionals handle the problem.
We need to seek evidence to show that the medical provider was negligent and caused your child’s injuries.
Evidence of Damages
Oxygen deprivation can lead to problems with the baby that could include:
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Sight impairment
- Problems with major organs such as the lungs and heart
Some of these effects may not be noticeable right after birth.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can gather evidence to show that your child suffers from injuries because of the healthcare professional’s negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You
We can walk you through the steps you need to take and figure out your options.
Our team can:
- Investigate the injury and how it occurred
- Speak with medical experts
- Determine if the defendant had any prior complaints
- Calculate your total losses
- Help determine a fair settlement
- Determine who is liable
- File a claim
- Give you advice as to what you should do next
- Explain confusing laws and legal jargon
- Keep you up to date on the progress of your case
- Represent you in court
How Our Team Can Help Fight for Compensation
If you suffered complications due to an umbilical cord birth injury, you could be entitled to compensation. A Gilbert umbilical cord birth injury lawyer from our law firm can help determine what options you have after an umbilical cord birth injury.
Our team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you navigate this difficult time. While you and your baby take the time you need to heal, we can fight for your rights and the compensation you may deserve. Call us today at (800) 222-9529 for your free consultation.