If your child suffered from a birth injury in Tempe, Arizona, the Birth Injury Lawyers Group wants to represent you. Our goal is to ensure that wronged parents receive the compensation they need and the justice they deserve. A lawyer from our firm can help with all aspects of your case.
Call us at any time at (800) 222-9529 and allow us to evaluate your case at no charge.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
A Birth Injury May Affect Your Child for Life
Birth injuries in the United States are far rarer than they used to be. This is thanks to improved technology and a better understanding of the risks of childbirth. When birth injuries do happen, they are often the result of negligent actions (or inactions) by a medical professional.
One type of birth injury is brain hemorrhaging, which refers to bleeding in the brain. Bleeding can occur in various places throughout the brain and can have a variety of effects, both short-term and long-term. For example, it may cause a child to have developmental delays and need help in school or with common daily tasks throughout their life.
Per Arizona Revised Statutes §12-542, medical malpractice victims have two years to begin a lawsuit if they wish to do so. After this date, you are no longer entitled to damages, no matter how strong your case. Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 to speak with a member of our team today.
Tempe Newborn Brain Hemorrhage Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Receiving Compensation for Your Child’s Birth Injury
As codified in Arizona Constitution §31, there are no limits on how much money someone may sue for if they or their loved one was injured or killed because of another person’s carelessness. In other words, you can seek as much compensation as your situation warrants. The two main types of compensation you may sue for are discussed below.
Birth injuries are emotionally devastating for parents and physically distressing for newborns. Both emotional and physical anguish fall under non-economic damages. Examples of the types of non-economic damages you may qualify for include:
- Disability, if your child’s physical and/or intellectual abilities were affected by the injury
- Pain and suffering, if you and your child experienced physical and/or psychological distress because of the birth injury
- Disfigurement, if the birth injury or treatment necessitated by it left your child with permanent, easily noticeable scars or marks
- Reduced quality of life, if your child will never be able to function as independently as they would have without the injury
Birth injuries can also be very expensive. The affected newborn may require immediate lifesaving treatment as well as lifelong care. Financial stress falls under economic damages. Examples of the types of economic damages you may qualify for include:
- Immediate medical costs, if your child needed emergency care during or after birth to save their life
- Long-term medical costs, if your child will need therapy, assistive devices, or other forms of care throughout their life
- Travel expenses, if your child needed (or continues to need) to see a doctor who is far away
- Loss of earning capacity, if you and/or your partner have cut back on working hours to stay home and take care of your child
Asking for What You Deserve
Once you have worked out all of the types of damages you qualify for, you still have to assign a dollar amount to each. This may be as simple as asking for reimbursement for medical care costs or as complicated as quantifying your child’s physical suffering.
How can you make sure that you are suing for an accurate and recoverable amount of compensation? One way, as discussed below, is to hire an attorney.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let a Lawyer Help You Manage Your Case
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group would be happy to help you by managing your lawsuit on your behalf. After hiring us, you do not have to worry about any aspect of your case. Instead, your Tempe newborn brain hemorrhage birth injury lawyer will:
- Assign a value to your case: As mentioned earlier, a lawyer can help you figure out how much you should sue.
- Offer honest advice: We can help you make intelligent, informed legal decisions. Call us any time you want to ask a question or discuss your options.
- Collect evidence: Medical records, expert testimony, and witness statements can prove that the liable party’s actions caused your child’s injury and strengthen your claim for compensation.
- File all documents: Your lawyer will take care of the paperwork, including notifying the liable party, the insurance company, or court of your case.
- Negotiate for your money: The liable party’s insurance company may be reluctant to pay what you deserve. Let your lawyer sit down with them and negotiate for a reasonable settlement.
- Take it to court: Sometimes, the insurance company will not negotiate, no matter what. If that happens to you, your lawyer can schedule a trial and work to convince a jury to award you fair compensation.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
When you hire a lawyer to help you, you can spend more time with your newborn and less time fighting the insurance companies. To get started, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529. We offer free case evaluations for all callers.