If negligent or incompetent medical treatment caused your child’s birth injury, a Naperville umbilical cord birth injury lawyer could help. Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Legal Representation Is Available
Hiring a Naperville umbilical cord birth injury lawyer can make it much easier for you to navigate the legal process. Instead of taking on the insurance company and the courts by yourself, you can keep your focus where you want it—on your family. You will not have to handle any of the difficult tasks, like:
- Negotiating for a settlement: A settlement is often the quickest way to get your money. Your lawyer will not be intimidated by the insurance company or their lawyers.
- Investigating your case: The insurance company may find your case more persuasive if you have sufficient documentary evidence to support your claims.
- Assigning a value to your damages: Quantifying your damages, especially non-economic ones, can be tricky. Let our team perform the calculations for you.
- Talking to the liable party: During your lawsuit, you do not have to speak directly with the liable party or anyone representing them. Instead, we can speak on your behalf.
- Completing all paperwork: This includes notifying the liable party about your suit and preparing the settlement agreement for your signature.
- Fighting for you in court: If it becomes necessary, we will schedule a trial, submit documentary evidence, find witnesses, and argue your case in court.
In addition, your lawyer can provide you with a valuable outsider’s perspective. When your child is involved, it is understandably difficult to keep a clear head and neutrally assess your rights, options, and case value.
Naperville Umbilical Cord Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
You Could Qualify for Both Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Once you decide to file a lawsuit, what do you do next? To get the money you need, you will have to create a list of all the ways in which the birth injury has affected your child and your family. You will also need to assign a dollar value to each loss or injury you suffered. A Naperville umbilical cord birth injury lawyer can help you compile this list of damages.
If your child’s birth injury forced you to spend a lot of money that you would not have spent otherwise, you might be eligible for economic damages. Common examples of monetary damages include:
- Lost wages or benefits: If you (or your partner) took time off work to help your child cope with their injuries, you may be compensated for wages you lost.
- Lost employment: If you (or your partner) quit your job so you could devote yourself to taking care of your child, you may be compensated for income you would have made had you not have to do this.
- Medical bills: If your child needs any treatment (e.g., surgery, medication, or mobility aids) to manage their injury symptoms, you may be able to recover both current and future costs of medical care.
- Education costs: If your child will need additional teachers or tools throughout their academic career, you may be compensated for these out-of-pocket expenses.
As you already know, financial losses are often easier to bear than physical or emotional pain, especially when your child is the one who is suffering. You may qualify for non-economic damages if your child experienced anything like the following:
- Disfigurement: These damages apply if the injury or treatment necessitated by it (e.g., surgery) left your child with painful or apparent scars.
- Disability: If the injury caused your child’s physical or intellectual disability, you may receive compensation for the challenges their disability brings.
- Pain and suffering: This damage applies if your child has experienced any physical or emotional distress because of their birth injury.
- Reduced quality of life: This damage applies if the injury prevents your child from ever living independently or participating in certain activities.
The Statute of Limitations in Illinois
Contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group to get started. You can reach us at any time at
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Do You Know if Your Doctor Was Responsible for Your Child’s Umbilical Cord Injury?
Before, during, and after delivery, it is your health care provider’s responsibility to:
- Perform all necessary tests to ensure your child’s well-being.
- Discuss with you the risks and benefits of proffered treatments.
- Administer all the required treatments on time.
- Prescribe the correct doses of appropriate medications.
- Confer with your other medical providers, as necessary.
A mistake on the part of even one of your providers—whether a doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, or hospital staff—can have dire consequences. While some mistakes are unpreventable, others result from incompetence, recklessness, or carelessness. You have the right to sue a neglectful provider for medical malpractice.
Call an Attorney for Help Today
A Naperville umbilical cord birth injury lawyer can represent you in your lawsuit against the individual or the organization responsible for your child’s injury. To receive a free case evaluation, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at