Birth injuries are devastating to both the child and their family. And unfortunately, many birth injuries stem from medical errors and negligence, making them 100% preventable. If your child sustained injuries before or during birth, our birth injury lawyers in Hawaii can help you recover compensation.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group is ready to take on your claim and secure justice on behalf of your child. Our professionals are well-versed in Hawaii’s birth injury laws, and we always demand maximum compensation for our client’s losses. Contact us now to get started with a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
What Can a Hawaii Birth Injury Lawyer Do?
When you work with a skilled birth injury lawyer in Hawaii, your attorney will answer all your questions regarding the litigation process and help you take the necessary steps to ensure a successful verdict. Some of the services our legal team provides include:
- Free birth injury case consultations
- Investigating the details of your claim to identify at-fault parties
- Collecting evidence to demonstrate your family’s total losses
- Demanding a settlement from the liable insurance company
- Representing your birth injury claim in court
If you think your child’s birth injuries warrant legal action, don’t wait to seek representation. The dedicated team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group is ready to take on your claim and seek justice for your family.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Proving Medical Malpractice in a Birth Injury Case
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare worker acts negligently to cause harm to a patient. Many birth injuries are the result of medical malpractice and usually result from:
- The misuse of forceps during the delivery process
- Failing to diagnose health conditions during pregnancy
- Obstetricians making poor decisions during the birthing process, putting the baby at risk of harm
- Improper delegation to medical staff who lack the knowledge or training to provide adequate care to a baby or mother
If you believe medical malpractice caused a role in your child’s birth injuries, a legal expert will evaluate your claim and help you recover substantial compensation for your losses.
How a Hawaii Birth Injury Attorney Proves Liability
When proving medical malpractice in a birth injury claim, a birth injury lawyer in Hawaii must establish:
- Duty of care: The medical professional or entity was obligated to provide adequate care to the patient.
- Breach of duty: The medical professional failed to administer proper care.
- Causation: The breach of duty directly resulted in the birth injury.
- Damages: The child or family sustained economic and non-economic losses because of the birth injury.
A medical practitioner may attempt to deny their role in your child’s birth injury by insisting that they did not cause the damage. But our attorneys will seek substantial evidence such as injury photos and medical documentation to prove how their negligence played a crucial role in your child’s pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages Your Birth Injury Lawyer Can Pursue
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the cost of raising a child amounts to over $233,610. However, when factoring in the price of raising a child with a birth injury, that number can double or, in extreme circumstances, triple.
Therefore, if you are facing economic or non-economic losses for your child’s birth injuries, let our birth injury lawyers help. We seek compensatory damages on behalf of families, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Costs of home adaptations and vehicle modifications
- Travel expenses
- Medical device and therapy costs
- Lost wages you incurred while caring for your child
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death (if the birth injury proved to be fatal)
Insurance providers may try to deny your birth injury claim and keep you from recovering the compensation you deserve. Our Hawaii birth injury lawyers stand up to insurance providers and demand justice for your child’s trauma.
Deadlines for Filing a Birth Injury Lawsuit in Hawaii
Every state adheres to a statute of limitations that determines how long you have to pursue a claim against the at-fault party. The Hawaii Revised Statute §657-7.3 outlines the state’s deadlines for filing birth injury and medical malpractice lawsuits. In most cases, parents have two years to bring a claim on behalf of their child.
However, underlying factors can impact the statute of limitations. For example, minors representing their own interests can file a birth injury lawsuit until their tenth birthday.
To ensure your family receives the compensation they deserve, don’t wait to take legal action. Instead, work with a birth injury lawyer proficient in Hawaii’s statutes right away to avoid missing deadlines that bar you and your child from receiving a fair settlement.
Schedule a Claim Review With a Hawaii Birth Injury Lawyer
The skilled attorneys at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group are ready to help you pursue a claim against the parties responsible for your child’s birth injuries. Our dedicated legal team has helped countless Hawaii residents recover substantial settlements for their losses, and we are prepared to do the same for your family.
Contact us now to schedule a free case consultation with a Hawaii birth injury attorney.