If you are from Alabama and have a young child diagnosed with cerebral palsy (CP), you are likely overwhelmed and seeking accurate information to make informed choices. Unfortunately, CP can sometimes be caused by a healthcare professional’s negligence, leaving you and your child to bear the burden of their carelessness.
At Birth Injury Lawyers Group, our Alabama cerebral palsy lawyers care about your family and are dedicated to helping those who have suffered from this disorder. So, call us today and let one of our team members guide you through your options and explain how you can fight for what you and your family deserve.
For a free legal consultation with Alabama Cerebral Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
What Causes Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is a disorder characterized by motor difficulties that occur because of damage or abnormal development in the brain. A person suffering from CP often has mobility and balance problems. Additionally, other issues like cognitive impairments, seizures, and vision are shared with this disorder.
CP is usually present at birth (congenital) or appears within the first few years of a child’s life (acquired). It may be caused by a genetic mutation, encephalitis or other infections, a lack of oxygen, or a traumatic injury like a blow to the head or bleeding in the brain.
Often the precise cause of an individual’s CP is unknown. However, in other cases, you may be able to pinpoint a specific traumatic event and a liable party whose negligent actions led to this devastating diagnosis. For example, oxygen deprivation during delivery could be the fault of:
- Nurses who fail to monitor heart rate and oxygen levels.
- A doctor who proceeds with a vaginal delivery despite warning signs. A C-section may be a better alternative to ensure adequate oxygen when an infant exhibits distress during birth.
- Any medical professional who neglects to correct serious childbirth issues like an umbilical cord wrapped around the baby’s neck.
Alabama Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Which Cerebral Palsy Expenses Can I Recover in Alabama?
The Alabama cerebral palsy lawyers at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group understand the challenges that cerebral palsy can present to a family. We know that you may need to make drastic changes to your lifestyle and living environment to provide the best possible care for your child.
This could include remodeling your Alabama home for accessibility or making modifications to your car. In addition to medical bills and time off work, these adjustments can cause a lot of financial stress for you as a parent. But, we want you to know that you do not have to go it alone.
By filing a civil lawsuit against the at-fault party, you may be able to recover compensation for these accommodations and other CP-related expenses, including:
- Doctor bills
- Prescription medications to relieve pain, muscle spasms, and seizures
- Occupational therapy to address fine motor skills and sensory issues
- Physical therapy for help with walking and other gross motor movements
- Adaptive equipment like wheelchairs or walkers to help your child get around
- Orthotic devices or braces to assist with balance and stability
- Speech therapy and electronic equipment that allows them to communicate with others
- Surgery to relax constricted muscles or correct physical defects
- Special education costs
- Pain and suffering
Click to contact our Alabama Cerebral Palsy lawyers today
What Can an Alabama Cerebral Palsy Attorney Do for Me?
One of our compassionate Alabama cerebral palsy attorneys can help explain your rights so that you can seek compensation and understand how your child is protected under Alabama law.
Your child deserves the best quality of life you can provide, and they deserve access to education and other resources. Our attorneys can guide you through the entire complex legal process and represent you in settlement negotiations and, if necessary, at trial.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we win your case. This means you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by scheduling your no-obligation consultation with our experienced legal team right away.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out for Your Free Consultation Today
If you believe your child’s disorder is the result of a preventable medical mistake, our cerebral palsy lawyers in Alabama can help you understand how to pursue justice, compensation, and accountability from the at-fault party.
One of our skilled birth injury lawyers will be willing to give you the individualized attention you may need to come to an informed decision on the next best steps to take. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Find Cerebral Palsy Lawyers Throughout Alabama
- Birmingham Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
- Huntsville Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
- Mobile Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
- Montgomery Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
- Tuscaloosa Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
Call or text 1-800-222-9529
or complete a Free Case Evaluation form