A Rockford newborn brain ischemia lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you identify doctor negligence in your birth injury case. We can also take over all of the legal responsibilities in your case and fight for compensation on your behalf when we represent you.
To discuss your options and the help we can offer you, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529. Your first call and conversation with a member of our team is a no-cost opportunity for you to share your experience and learn more about your legal rights.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
How Medical Negligence Can Cause Newborn Brain Ischemia
The first question you must ask yourself when considering legal action is if and how medical negligence was the cause of your child’s newborn brain ischemia. This is critical because medical malpractice only occurs when medical negligence is present. Medical negligence typically means a doctor did not do what was reasonably expected of them by the standards of the medical community.
One common way that medical negligence causes birth injuries is when the doctor ignores warning signs that a mother is headed for a difficult birth. Instead of planning a safer alternative, like a C-section, the doctor proceeds with a vaginal delivery where the baby gets stuck or has other complications, such as umbilical cord constriction. A situation like this could interrupt the blood flow to the baby’s brain and cause newborn brain ischemia.
In this type of scenario, there is a clear connection between a doctor’s negligent act and the child’s injuries. This family may have a viable medical malpractice case.
Other acts of medical malpractice can that cause birth injury include:
- Failing to monitor the vital signs of the baby and the mother during prenatal care and delivery
- Allowing an infection in the pregnant mother to go undetected or untreated
- Using excessive force on the baby during delivery or dropping the newborn
Rockford Brain Ischemia Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
The Costs of Newborn Brain Ischemia
Depending on the complications linked to their birth injury, your child may require:
- Ongoing treatment and monitoring from medical professionals
- Physical therapy to learn how to move and control their body
- Specialized educators who understand their needs
- Wheelchairs or speech-assistance devices
- Modifications to your home
- Caretakers who can be with your child when you return to work
The costs of all of these treatments and services may be a part of your compensation package in a medical malpractice claim. In addition, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Either parent’s loss of income
- Pain and suffering
How the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Can Guide You Through the Legal Process
When you put your case in the hands of a Rockford newborn brain ischemia lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, we will:
- Collect evidence of the negligence that caused your child’s injuries
- Hire medical experts to testify on your family’s behalf, if necessary
- Communicate with the responsible party and their legal representatives for you
- Prepare and file your medical malpractice insurance claim and lawsuit
- Negotiate for a settlement with the insurance company
- Close settlement negotiations and take your case to trial if you do not receive a fair offer
- Keep you informed about the progress of your case and notify you of any settlement offers or decisions you must make
- Give you legal advice, answer your questions, and help you understand your options
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Represent You
A Rockford newborn brain ischemia lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can fight your legal battle on your behalf. We urge you to call us today at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Note that you may still have the right to sue if you are discovering your child’s injuries years after they were born. 735 Illinois Compiled Statutes §5/13-212 typically offers victims younger than 18 eight years to submit their medical malpractice lawsuit.