The damages that you can collect for a newborn brain hemorrhage case depend on your losses. Recoverable damages may include:
- Your child’s pain and suffering
- Your pain and suffering
- The cost of negligent medical care
- The cost of medical care to treat your child’s hemorrhage
- The cost of a full- or part-time caregiver for your child
- Income you sacrifice if you must care for your child long-term
Every child and parent who are victims of medical malpractice may suffer unique losses. Our legal team can help you determine which losses entitle you to financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
You May Receive Coverage for Past and Future Losses
Birth injuries can cause damages that may affect the remainder of your life, as well as your child’s life. We can seek compensation for damages that you have already experienced and those that could occur in the future.
A study published by Pediatric Neurology notes that a newborn hemorrhage may cause cerebral palsy. This condition could:
- Impact your child’s ability to think
- Impact your child’s physical capabilities
- Affect your child’s ability to be independent in both childhood and adulthood
- Force you to choose between hiring a caregiver or changing your professional plans
Even if your child does not have cerebral palsy, their birth injury symptoms may pose similar challenges. You may collect compensation for future damages as the result of your newborn brain hemorrhage case.
These damages may include:
- The cost of a full-time caregiver
- The cost of alternative education
- The cost of any medical equipment that is required for in-home care and transportation of a physically-challenged child
- The cost of cognitive and physical therapy
We have a method for calculating the cost of these sorts of losses. We can also calculate the cost of losses that you have already experienced. Together, these costs will be the amount that we can seek through a settlement.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
A Lawyer from Our Firm Can Try to Settle Your Case
A settlement may be the first type of resolution that your lawyer seeks after filing your lawsuit. Settlements are the typical outcome for civil lawsuits, and it may be the outcome which:
- Is the quickest way to resolve a lawsuit
- Requires the least involvement from you
- Allows you to obtain compensation without your case having to go to court
A settlement allows all parties involved in a lawsuit to agree to a financial resolution on their own terms. This may mean that all parties agree that the compensation you receive is fair.
You May Settle with Multiple Defendants
Your lawyer may be able to reach settlement agreements with all defendants named in your lawsuit. These defendants may include:
- A doctor
- Leadership for a hospital or other medical facility
- Any other party that has liability for your losses
In order to effectively complete a settlement, we need to present a convincing case for medical malpractice. We may do this by:
- Showing that each defendant owed you and your child a duty of care
- Establishing that each defendant’s actions violated their duty of care
- Proving a link between the defendants’ breach of duty of care and your losses
- Presenting documentation of your losses
There may be several different types of documentation that can help us during settlement negotiations. We may use:
- Witness accounts of medical malpractice
- Expert testimony from those knowledgeable about medical malpractice
- Doctors’ written diagnoses of your child’s birth injuries and symptoms
- Testimony from psychological counselors about the trauma that you and your child have experienced
Our team may be able to present other kinds of evidence showing your losses, as well as the losses that your child has experienced. There may be precedent for projecting future losses of children and parents following a birth injury.
Click to contact our birth injury lawyers today
You Deserve Justice for Medical Malpractice
Victims of medical errors deserve justice. As Johns Hopkins points out, medical errors can cause lives to be lost. You may have lost your own child or may be suffering from the symptoms of a serious birth injury.
Whatever damages you have experienced, hiring a lawyer may be of help. Our legal team can deal with every requirement of your medical malpractice case. As we do, you may be able to dedicate the necessary attention to your child’s health and your own emotional recovery.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
Lawsuits are a way to hold medical professionals and others accountable for preventable birth injuries. Our team will answer any questions that you have about starting a case for compensation covering your losses.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529 for a free case evaluation.
Call or text 1-800-222-9529
or complete a Free Case Evaluation form