How long you have to file your newborn brain hemorrhage lawsuit depends on your legal jurisdiction. Different states have different statutes of limitations for filing medical malpractice and wrongful death lawsuits.
Our team can inform you of any relevant deadlines for a medical malpractice case in your state, which may include:
- The deadline for filing your lawsuit
- The deadline for reporting injuries
- The deadline for filing an insurance claim, if this is the most appropriate type of action based on your circumstances
We can then file your lawsuit and handle all other features of the legal process.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Your Child May Be the Victim of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is a specific subset of personal injury law. Our legal team handles medical malpractice cases, and we want to offer our services to you. We may be able to recover compensation for the losses that you and your child have suffered.
Johns Hopkins Medicine explains that medical errors are a leading cause of death in the United States. A lawyer will work with medical experts to understand:
- How your child’s hemorrhage occurred
- Why your child’s hemorrhage occurred
- Whether a medical professional directly caused your child’s injury
- Whether a medical professional may have prevented your child’s injury but failed to do so
- Whether you and your child are victims of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice cases are a particularly complicated form of personal injury or wrongful death cases. Medical jargon and lack of understanding of the medical field could be challenges that exist within this case type. Your lawyer will address these challenges by hiring experts knowledgeable in the field of childbirth specifically.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Our Team Can Complete Your Case While You Recover
Regardless of you or your child’s current health status, you have both been through a traumatic event. Your child has suffered a serious injury and may have lasting health symptoms as a consequence.
As the parent, you may also be physically, psychologically, and emotionally injured. The Journal of Caring Sciences specifically explains that childbirth can be traumatic for the mother and child. Hiring a lawyer from our firm may allow you to focus the necessary time and effort on your child’s recovery as well as your recovery.
While you and your child recover, our team will:
- Determine how long you have to file your newborn brain hemorrhage lawsuit
- Get testimony from medical experts
- Work with those experts to determine liability for your child’s hemorrhage
- Gather any physical evidence that is relevant to your case
- Gather any witness accounts that are relevant to your case
- Determine what losses have come from your child’s injuries
- Calculate the cost of your losses
With these steps completed, we can move forward with your case. Our ultimate goal will be to recover compensation through a settlement, but we will take your case to trial if doing so is necessary.
We Can Help Identify Liable Parties
Determining who caused your child’s injuries will be an essential duty of your lawyer. Similarly, our team will determine whether any parties who did not directly cause your child’s injury are legally liable for your losses.
One or more doctors may have caused or failed to prevent your child’s injury. The journal Clinics in Perinatology explains that certain measures may reduce the risk of a newborn hemorrhage, and a doctor may have been negligent by failing to take precautionary measures.
Medical professionals may have failed you and your child by:
- Failing to conduct thorough prenatal testing
- Failing to deliver your child in a way that was the least harmful
- Failing to order an emergency C-section
- Acting in any way that was not reasonable, as their duty of care requires them to act as a reasonable medical professional would
Hemorrhages are a potential injury that all doctors overseeing childbirth should be aware of. Doctors should understand best practices for preventing such injuries and put those practices into action.
In addition to an at-fault medical professional, the hospital or other type of medical facility where your child was born may also be liable. Your lawyer will seek compensation from any defendants who were negligent or otherwise liable for your child’s injury.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you pursue justice for your child and you following a birth injury. They will seek financial coverage for the harm that your child’s hemorrhage has caused your child, yourself, and any other affected loved ones.
For a free case review, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529.