How to prove negligence in a newborn brain hemorrhage claim may depend on why the newborn’s injury occurred. As a general strategy, a lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group may prove negligence by:
- Showing that you were a patient of an at-fault medical professional
- Explaining that medical professionals owe their patients a duty of care
- Proving that the at-fault medical professional violated their duty of care to you and your child
- Establishing a link between the medical professional’s breach of duty of care and your child’s injury
After completing these steps, a lawyer from our team will provide documentation of losses that you and your child have experienced because of negligence.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Our Team Will Aim to Prove Medical Malpractice
When one of our lawyers makes the case that someone engaged in malpractice, they will argue that the person who committed malpractice was negligent. As the American Bar Association (ABA) explains, someone who is negligent:
- Does not act in a way that is reasonable based on the circumstances
- May not intentionally cause harm but does cause harm
- May be liable for the harm they cause
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group is familiar with how negligence is proven in a newborn brain hemorrhage case. We will identify any liable parties for your child’s brain hemorrhage and name them as defendants in a lawsuit. Those parties could instead be held accountable through an insurance claim.
Negligence Is Not the Only Standard for Liability
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group will aim to prove the negligence of anyone responsible for causing your child’s brain bleed. However, negligence may not be the only standard of liability in cases stemming from medical malpractice.
Defendants may be liable due to their relationship with negligent parties. The following could be defendants in a medical malpractice case:
- A hospital
- A prenatal care facility
- Any other facility that was the site of medical malpractice
These sorts of institutions may be vicariously liable for the negligent actions of their medical professionals. A lawyer from our team will determine whether suing any parties aside from a medical professional is appropriate in your case.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
You May Receive Coverage for Your Losses
Two types of losses may entitle you to compensation for a birth injury. They are:
- Losses that affect your child
- Losses that affect you
Your child may already have experienced pain and suffering because of their injury. They may encounter other losses as well. In addition to their pain and suffering, your child’s losses may include:
- Delayed or stunted physical development
- Delayed or stunted cognitive development
- Diminished quality of life
Much of the cost of your child’s injury could fall on you. As a parent, you may face the financial consequences of a hemorrhage. Those economic consequences may include the cost of:
- Emergency care for the bleeding
- Follow-up medical care
- Potentially lifelong medical treatment
- Physical and cognitive rehabilitation
- Alternative education
Developmental delays may prevent your child from becoming an independent adult. The journal Public Health Reports explains there is a real financial cost for raising a child with a disability.
A lawyer from our team will determine:
- The losses you and your child have suffered
- The losses you and your child may suffer in the future
- The total cost of your losses
We will pursue compensation for your losses with all available evidence in hand.
How Our Team Will Fight for Your Compensation
Our team will deal with the insurance and claims process if this is the appropriate route. If you choose to sue, then we will handle your lawsuit. Either way, our goal will be to secure compensation for losses caused by your child’s hemorrhage.
We can connect you with a lawyer who will serve you by:
- Gathering evidence that your child’s hemorrhage is the result of malpractice
- Identifying all parties who are liable for your child’s losses and your losses
- Obtaining witness accounts of malpractice
- Hiring medical experts to provide official testimony
- Calculating the cost of your losses
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial
When you work with a lawyer from our team, they will handle your case with a personalized touch. We understand that birth injuries are sensitive and that you may be traumatized. They will provide the empathetic legal care that you deserve.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
At the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, we treat every case as if it is the only case we are handling. We will provide legal services you may not be familiar with and make sure you do not have to go through this alone. Our goal will be to recover the financial awards that you and your child deserve.
For a free case review, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529.