A lawyer can help with a newborn brain hemorrhage claim by performing several essential tasks:
- Offering their knowledge of the law
- Utilizing prior experience with medical malpractice claims
- Providing resources like researchers and experts
- Calculating your losses
- Pursuing a settlement
A lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can handle your claim or lawsuit from beginning to end.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group Can Help You Recover Compensation
You and your child may both have several losses from their brain hemorrhage. Your losses could become more significant as time passes. A birth injury lawyer from our firm can pursue compensation for your past and future losses.
We can help with your newborn brain hemorrhage claim by:
- Determining what your losses are.
- Determining what your child’s losses are.
- Meeting with medical experts to determine what future care may cost.
- Assigning a total value to your past and future losses.
A brain hemorrhage can cause severe conditions like cerebral palsy, per the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology (AJOG). Children who do not develop cerebral palsy may develop similarly serious symptoms. These symptoms could delay their development and make them financially dependent on you into their adult years.
Your child may claim compensation for the trauma of their injury. As parents, you may also qualify for awards based on:
- Your child’s past medical care
- Your child’s future medical care
- A long-term caregiver for your child
- In-home medical equipment
- A handicap-friendly vehicle
- Additional costs of raising a disabled child and adult
Every parent and child suffer different losses from a newborn brain hemorrhage. Your lawyer can work with you and medical experts to calculate your past and future losses.
Our Team Will Seek Awards Through a Settlement
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can seek a financial settlement to cover your losses. We may secure compensation through negotiations with an insurance company or attorneys for liable parties.
The American Bar Association (ABA) indicates that settlements are more common than trials in civil cases. Your lawyer may be able to resolve your case with a settlement that covers your child’s losses, as well as your own.
Our team will want to collect the best available evidence in preparation for negotiations. To collect such evidence, we may:
- Speak with witnesses with first-hand knowledge of malpractice.
- Hire experts to testify that you are the victim of malpractice.
- Gather any medical records or other documents that support your case.
- Hire investigators with experience in matters of malpractice.
Negotiating your settlement is one of the many ways that the Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you and your child.
How Can a Help With a Newborn Brain Hemorrhage Claim? Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Additional Services the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Can Provide
Our team handles clients’ cases from start to finish, meaning we handle all tasks related to your lawsuit or insurance claim.
Our team will:
- Help you access medical care.
- Organize documentation of your child’s treatment.
- Document therapy that you receive for your trauma.
- Draft and file all necessary paperwork for your claim or lawsuit.
- Take over communications for your case.
- Ensure that your case reaches a conclusion.
- Protect the rights of you and your child.
We will handle negotiations with insurance companies and attorneys, meaning that we will:
- Reject any offers we consider too low.
- Remain at the negotiating table until you receive a fair offer.
- Take your case to trial if necessary.
We Can Make the Case for Negligence
Medical malpractice is a form of negligence. Through negotiations and other features of your case, we can make the case that a medical professional acted negligently by linking their negligence to your child’s injury.
We may prove medical malpractice by:
- Showing that you had a patient-doctor relationship with the at-fault individual.
- Showing that the at-fault individual owed you a duty of care, which means that they should have acted reasonably in caring for you and your child.
- Proving that they breached their duty of care.
- Establishing that their breach of duty of care caused your child’s injuries.
- Showing the losses you have suffered because of your child’s injuries.
We can also make a similar case against a hospital, nurse, or any other person or institution that was negligent in your newborn’s care. You may receive compensation from negligent parties. You may also receive an award based on different legal standards for liability.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today
You want a lawyer who is familiar with personal injury and wrongful death laws in your state. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help by providing a lawyer who handles cases like yours.
It costs you nothing out of your pocket to hire a lawyer from our firm. The initial consultation is free, so do not wait to call. For a free case review, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529.