You can sue for future medical expenses and long-term care for a child with a birth injury. Every newborn hemorrhage produces different medical consequences. The cost of your child’s future care will depend on the severity of their symptoms.
Throughout their life, your child may require:
- Multiple surgeries
- A great number of doctor’s appointments
- Ongoing physical, occupational, and speech and language therapies
- Specialty equipment installed in the home
- A specialty vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair or other injury-related medical equipment
Your child may not ever be financially independent. Our team will account for your child’s future prognosis when determining your future expenses.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Our Team Will Project Your Future Losses
The total cost of your child’s lifetime medical care could be six figures or more. A lawyer from our team will project the cost of long-term care and other injury-related losses by:
- Researching the expenses that come with raising a disabled child
- Speaking with doctors about your child’s likely future medical needs
- Researching the cost of the specific long-term and lifetime care that your child will need
- Retaining medical experts to help value your future expenses
You can generally sue for any future medical expenses, as well as long-term care costs.
You may also sue for future hardship you experience as a parent. As a parent of a child recovering from a birth injury, you may:
- Be unable to pursue the career you planned for
- Face challenges that the parents of non-disabled children do not
- Experience various forms of pain and suffering
A lawyer from our firm can pursue coverage for your future losses. If your child is unlikely to be financially independent, then our team may recover compensation for:
- Future lost wages
- The cost of housing your child
- The cost of living for an adult child who is dependent on their parents
The journal Public Health Reports notes that the cost of raising a disabled child is not only financial but also comes in the form of caregiving time. Our team will consider all of your losses when making your case.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
How a Lawyer Can Help You as a Birth Injury Victim
Our team understands that birth injuries produce multiple victims. Your child is clearly harmed by a birth injury, but so are you. We will seek justice for you as parents and your injured child.
We handle two primary types of birth injury cases:
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
This means that we are available to help whether or not your child’s birth injury was fatal. For some parents, an insurance claim will produce a suitable outcome. Others may choose to file a lawsuit.
Our team can guide you through either the insurance or legal process. Rules about lawsuits and insurance claims may vary by state. A lawyer from our group can explain any such rules that may impact your case.
How Our Team Can Help with Your Lawsuit
Our legal team can arrange parents in need of legal services with a lawyer in their state. A lawyer from our team can:
- Explain your rights
- Explain why your case may be worthy of a lawsuit
- Inform you of relevant deadlines
- Draft and file your case for awards
- Handle all litigation that may be necessary in your case
Lawyers that we assign to clients are licensed to operate in your area. This means that your lawyer will understand local laws and may have experience completing birth injury cases in your area.
Some of your lawyer’s duties may include:
- Finding reasonable cause to believe that you are the victims of malpractice
- Documenting their causes for believing malpractice is at play
- Filing your lawsuit which demonstrates medical malpractice contributed to your child’s birth injury
- Gathering evidence
- Hiring experts to assist, and value, your case
- Negotiating a settlement
There is a wide range of reasons why a newborn hemorrhage could occur. Failure to diagnose a medical condition, improper use of medical instruments, and poor judgment are all potential causes.
A lawyer from our team will pinpoint why your child’s injury happened. If the cause is negligence, they will seek compensation through a lawsuit or insurance claim.
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that most lawsuits do not go to court. Instead, they result in a settlement. A financial settlement is the outcome that we will seek for you, and it may come through the claims process or a lawsuit.
Call Today for a Free Consultation with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group
A birth injury can immediately change the course of your and your child’s life. You may be facing financial costs and hardship that you never anticipated. You may not be at fault. You may also be entitled to compensation.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529 for a free case review. We may be able to get you legal help today.