You can sue a doctor without malpractice insurance. If the doctor does not have insurance, then filing an insurance claim will not be an option for you. A lawyer from our firm may advise that you sue to recover compensation.
Cases involving uninsured doctors can have unique challenges, but our firm is prepared to pursue compensation on your behalf from an uninsured doctor.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
The Requirement for Medical Malpractice Insurance Varies
Statutes requiring medical malpractice insurance vary from state-to-state. In some states, doctors are required to have malpractice insurance. In others, a doctor may not have insurance but should have collateral to cover damages from lawsuits.
A lawyer from our firm will review your birth injury case and determine whether an at-fault doctor has medical malpractice insurance. If they do, then your lawyer might advise:
- Filing a claim through the doctor’s insurer
- Filing a lawsuit
A medical malpractice lawsuit will come after you pursue an insurance claim first.
There are good reasons why doctors carry malpractice insurance. Johns Hopkins notes that medical errors cause approximately 250,000 deaths per year.
Your losses may be covered whether your child has passed away or whether they survived their brain hemorrhage.
A Hospital, Doctor, or Others Can be Liable for Your Losses
Even if an at-fault doctor does not have malpractice insurance, a hospital may. If your lawyer does not advise suing a doctor without malpractice insurance, you may be able to file a claim against the hospital.
An attorney from our firm can help you decide who to sue or file a claim against. Either option could provide compensation for:
- The pain and suffering your child has experienced
- The pain and suffering you have experienced, as the Journal of Caring Sciences suggests that your delivery could have been traumatic
- The cost of any negligent medical care
- The cost of medical attention for your child’s hemorrhage
- Lost wages for you and lost future income for your disabled child
- The cost of future medical care, in-home caregiving, medical equipment, and other expenses resulting from your child’s birth injury
Obtaining compensation for clients is the primary mission of our birth injury law firm, and a lawyer from our team can provide many services to you and your child.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
The Role of a Birth Injury Lawyer in Your Case
Birth injuries present unique challenges to each parent or set of parents. A lawyer from our law firm will consider the specifics of your child’s injury and your own trauma. They will tailor their legal approach to your needs and circumstances.
In the aftermath of a newborn hemorrhage, our team will:
- Ensure that you and your child are receiving the medical care that you need
- Document all of your medical care
- Keep an account of your losses
- Begin calculating your future losses
- Gather all available evidence of malpractice
- Protect you from insurance companies
Insurance companies for a hospital, doctor, or other party involved in your child’s injuries could pose a threat to your rights. They might present unfair settlement offers or suggest that they are not responsible for covering your damages. Our team can deal with these companies for you.
We will help you by negotiating for a settlement. During negotiations, we will work to prove that:
- A medical professional, hospital, or other at-fault party owed you and your child a duty of care.
- The at-fault party did not honor their duty of care.
- The failure to honor their duty of care caused your child’s hemorrhage.
- Your child’s newborn hemorrhage caused considerable damages.
With these steps, we will work to prove negligence which may put you in a position to recover compensation.
Holding Doctors and Medical Providers Accountable for Your Child’s Birth Injuries
It can be a difficult undertaking to deal with an insurance claim or lawsuit. By turning to our law firm for help, you will be able to focus on your most pressing responsibilities.
You may be facing:
- An uncertain future for your child’s health
- Long-term decisions about your professional future
- The symptoms of your own trauma
Our legal team will ensure that you do not have to face further stress because of an insurance claim or lawsuit. We will fight for the compensation that you and your child may deserve by handling all aspects of your claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us to Learn More About Suing a Doctor without Medical Malpractice Insurance
We can help you pursue compensation for your malpractice-related damages. Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529 for a free case review.