If your child was born with Erb’s palsy, there is a possibility that the condition was a preventable result of a medical error committed during delivery or in prenatal care.
If this is the case, you may be able to recover compensation for the cost of your child’s treatment, recovery, and other financial impacts of this condition to your family with the help of a brachial plexus lawsuit lawyer.
Call a Sandy Springs Erb’s palsy lawyer at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 to learn more about your possible right to compensation. You may be able to recover the costs of your child’s treatments and other losses related to their birth injury.
For a free legal consultation with Sandy Springs Erb's Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
Erb’s Palsy Comes in Varying Degrees
A diagnosis of Erb’s palsy, also known as a brachial plexus injury, will mean different things to different patients. A doctor will examine your child through several methods to determine the severity of their nerve injury, at which point you should have a better idea of the treatment that your child may require.
Many children are able to fully recover from Erb’s palsy. Possible consequences of your child’s Erb’s palsy may include:
- Paralysis of their arm and lower extremities for a temporary period of time, although permanent paralysis is possible in some cases
- A significant period of therapy, which may be necessary regardless of whether your child regains function in the affected parts of their body or not
- Delayed development of certain motor skills in the affected arm
- Additional childcare and medical costs due to the treatment of your child’s Erb’s palsy
Regardless of the severity of your child’s Erb’s palsy, the shock of experiencing birth trauma is never easy. Your family may face tangible expenses and other consequences as a result. If your child’s condition was someone else’s fault, they could owe you compensation for these damages.
Sandy Springs Erb's Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
How Medical Malpractice Can Cause Erb’s Palsy
Erb’s palsy can occur in delivery as the result of excessive force on the baby. Medical malpractice claims may focus on doctor negligence that unnecessarily contributed to a difficult delivery where this force was used. This can include:
- Failure to monitor the mother and prepare for a complicated labor
- The need for an unplanned C-section
- Pulling on the child’s head, neck, or arm during childbirth
- The use of an assistive birth device, like forceps or a vacuum extraction
Whatever the cause, you may be entitled to compensation if a jury decides that your child was the victim of medical malpractice. You may also collect compensation as a victim yourself, as someone who has been distressed and affected financially by your child’s preventable case of Erb’s palsy.
To take a step toward pursuing compensation, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529. Phone consultations are free. If you hire us, we can direct our resources into identifying the defendants in your case and producing evidence against them.
Click to contact our Sandy Springs Erb's Palsy lawyers today
A Sandy Springs Erb’s Palsy Lawyer Can Manage Your Case for Compensation
It can be hard to raise a new child, adhere to treatments and therapies for Erb’s palsy, and coordinate a legal action. Fortunately, you are not alone. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group exists to fight such cases for you.
When you work with us, a Sandy Springs Erb’s palsy lawyer from our firm will:
- Help you identify all the possible defendants that contributed to your child’s Erb’s palsy, from doctors to nurses to administrators
- File your case in court as soon as possible
- Gather and organize evidence that suggests negligence by the defendants in your case
- Consult expert witnesses who can testify that negligence contributed to or directly caused your child’s nerve damage
- Calculate your family’s losses stemming from the Erb’s palsy
- Represent you in settlement negotiations or trial depending on the course that your lawsuit follows
- Defend you and your child’s rights throughout the legal process
Your lawyer will present a case highlighting any negligence that contributed to your child’s Erb’s palsy. If the case is successful, you may be able to collect compensation covering your family’s collective losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation in Your Case
You will not know for certain which forms of compensation you could be entitled to until your case is complete. With this in mind, some possibilities include coverage for:
- Medical bills incurred from the delivery of your child
- The cost of pre-birth care you received from the defendants in your case, if this care was also negligent
- The cost of medical treatments and rehabilitation required to restore neurological function lost due to Erb’s palsy
- Ongoing costs of treatment and therapies for your child
- Pain and suffering that your family has endured because of this episode
We can discuss what compensation may be available in your case when you call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group for a free consultation.
Call a Sandy Springs Erb’s Palsy Lawyer at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group represents families in Sandy Springs whose children were harmed at birth due to medical malpractice. Our firm will handle your case for compensation and defend you and your child’s rights for justice.
Call our team at (800) 222-9529 for a free case review. We encourage you to act soon, as a statute of limitations may place a time limit on how long you have to file suit. If this time period expires, it may affect your ability to recover compensation. For more details, call us now.