Some birth injury symptoms are immediately apparent.
You or a member of your medical team may notice cuts, bruises, and bulging immediately following birth.
You may also notice one or more of the following symptoms shortly after your child’s birth:
- Scalp swelling and bruising
- Scalp scratches
- Bone fractures
- Limp, floppy muscles
- Stiff muscles
- Full or partial limb paralysis
- Poor skin color
- Difficulty breathing
- Low oxygen levels
- Low Apgar scores
As your child ages, you may also notice birth injury symptoms such as poor or delayed gross and fine motor skills, poor balance, low muscle coordination favoring one side of the body, difficulty walking, excessive drooling, difficulty sucking, swallowing, or eating, speech delays, and learning disabilities. Because no two birth injuries and no two children are exactly alike, birth injury symptoms can also vary greatly from one child to the next.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
Birth Injury Symptoms Lawsuit
It can be concerning when you notice birth injury symptoms in your son or daughter. An attorney can help you correctly assign liability for your child’s birth injury and understand your potential for a successful lawsuit. To discuss your child’s birth injury, medical expenses, and potential financial compensation, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at 1-844-908-0346 to connect with a lawyer in your state.
Birth Injury Symptoms Lawyer:
- Abnormal Infant Skin Color And Texture Lawyer
- Child Skipping Developmental Milestones
- Childhood Dysarthria Lawyer
- Infant Apraxia Lawyer
- Infant Bruising Lawyer
- Infant Declining Breathing, Eating, And Digestion Lawyer
- Infant Delay In Development Lawyer
- Infant Developmental Abnormalities Lawyer
- Infant Difficulty Sucking, Eating, Or Swallowing Lawyer
- Infant Excessive Drooling Lawyer
- Infant Favoring One Side Of Their Body Lawyer
- Infant Feeding Problems Lawyer
- Infant Fever Lawyer
- Infant Foul Smelling Or Greasy Stool Lawyer
- Infant Fussiness Or High-pitched Cry Lawyer
- Infant Hairy Patch On Its Back Lawyer
- Infant Inflamed Nasal Passages Lawyer
- Infant Intestinal Blockage Or Severe Constipation Lawyer
- Infant Lack of Consciousness or Lethargy Lawyer
- Infant Lack Of Muscle Control Lawyer
- Infant Limpness Or Weak Movement Lawyer
- Infant Loss Of Feeling, Absent Reflexes, Or Paralysis Lawyer
- Infant Low Heart Rate Or Palpitations Lawyer
- Infant Muscle Rigidity Or Stiffness Lawyer
- Infant Nausea, Dizziness, Or Vomiting Lawyer
- Infant Seizures Lawyer
- Infant Skull Fracture And Bulges Lawyer
- Infant Weight Gain Problems Lawyer
- Infant With Arched Back While Crying Lawyer
- Infant With Arms Bent Toward Body Lawyer
- Infant With Breathlessness Or Rapid Breathing Lawyer
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Birth Injury Symptoms News
Learn How To Detect Infantile Spasms
Early detection is crucial for treating birth injuries before they get worse. One possible symptom that’s hard to detect is infantile spasm. PA Homepage posted a story that talks about the condition and how you can detect it.
Infantile spasm affects 1 in 2000 children less than a year old and is considered a medical emergency. It is a subtle form of seizure. However, it’s often misdiagnosed as colic or the hiccups. It can be caused by a brain injury during birth, but also by metabolic or genetic disorders. Occasionally, it can be detected prior to birth.
We suggest readers look at the video linked in the article to see examples of babies during a seizure. If you see your baby doing things like this, it is recommended that you videotape the seizure with a smartphone, then take your baby and the video to a doctor for a diagnosis.
Since these seizures appear randomly, video will help the doctor see what is happening. Furthermore, should your child be misdiagnosed, the video will serve as valuable evidence.
There are several treatments for the condition, depending on the reason for the seizures. But without diagnosis and treatment, the seizures can lead to life-long damage. See a doctor if your child moves like the children in the videos.