A Houston birth asphyxia lawyer may be able to help your family seek compensation for your child’s medical treatment, ongoing care costs, and more. You may be able to hold the doctor or facility responsible for their birth injury accountable if there is proof that medical negligence occurred.
To learn more about your rights as the parent of an injured child and what the claims process entails, contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group for help today. We have someone available now to discuss your child’s brain injury, prognosis, and possible legal action in your case during a free consultation. Call us now at (800) 222-9529.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-800-222-9529
A Birth Injury Case Can Compensate Your Family for Your Expenses and Losses
Your lawyer will gather evidence to prove your case’s value and seek a settlement based on this value. This could include damages such as:
- Past and current expenses: Your child’s medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and other costs are recoverable if you have documentation to prove their value.
- Future expenses: Your payout may cover the estimated cost of your child’s future treatment and care, based on the testimony of experts.
- Related losses: You may be able to seek financial recovery of the income you lost when you had to take off work to care for your child because of their injuries and treatment.
- Wrongful death losses: If your child died from their injuries, you could seek additional damages based on funeral and burial costs and your own intangible losses.
- Non-economic damages: These are the intangible losses your child suffered and continues to suffer, including physical pain, emotional distress, and limited quality of life.
Like many other states, Texas does have a cap on some types of medical malpractice recovery. Per the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §74.301, your non-economic damages may be limited unless your case meets an exception to the statute.
Houston Birth Asphyxia Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
The Role of an Attorney in a Houston Birth Asphyxia Claim
A Houston birth asphyxia lawyer will understand the Texas medical malpractice laws under the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §74 and be able to apply them based on the facts of your family’s case. Your lawyer will help you build your claim, taking steps that include:
- Investigating what happened
- Obtaining and analyzing all medical records and related documents
- Enlisting the help of a medical expert to review your child’s medical records
- Assigning liability and confirming medical negligence
- Navigating the legal system with your family’s best interests in mind
- Identifying and meeting the applicable deadlines, which include a general two-year statute of limitations under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §74.251
- Negotiating with the insurance company or legal team representing the doctor or hospital
Birth asphyxia attorneys work based on a contingency fee, so you should not need to pay a retainer for representation throughout this process. The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can help you get started with a complimentary consultation. Call our team today at (800) 222-9529.
Get Help Today by Calling the Birth Injury Lawyers Group
A Houston birth asphyxia lawyer may be able to develop a case and seek compensation based on your child’s birth injury, but you will not know for sure until after your free case assessment. You can call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group today at (800) 222-9529. We have a team member available now to get you started with a free case review.