Cerebral palsy, or “CP,” is a physical condition that can result in a range of disabilities. Although some cases of cerebral palsy are unpreventable, other times, cerebral palsy can be the result of medical malpractice or negligence. Even if your doctor did not mean to harm your child, you may still be able to file a compensation claim for your financial and emotional damage.
A Topeka cerebral palsy lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group may be able to help you navigate the claims process and go after a monetary award in your case. This could include the current and future costs of your child’s medical treatment, pain and suffering, and more.
You can receive a free consultation with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group by calling us at (800) 222-9529. There is a limited time to act due to the statute of limitations, which means it is imperative to begin legal action while you still can.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group represents Topeka families in cerebral palsy medical malpractice cases on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front costs.
For a free legal consultation with Topeka Cerebral Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
Medical Malpractice as a Cause of Cerebral Palsy
Medical malpractice is a term describing a situation in which your doctor did not meet the reasonable standard of care when diagnosing and treating you and your child. The medical standard of care is set forth by governing laws and the medical community.
Your child’s cerebral palsy diagnosis may be the result of medical malpractice if a doctor:
- Fails to monitor you or your baby adequately
- Negligently restricts oxygen flow
- Fails to perform a Cesarean section, if it is necessary
- Causes a traumatic brain injury
- Does not recognize that the umbilical cord is wrapped around the infant’s neck
- Responds improperly to fetal distress
- Fails to treat the child after birth adequately
- Fails to use medical devices and equipment properly
- And more
If you believe that a doctor’s negligence caused or contributed to your child’s cerebral palsy, contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group. We can investigate your case and pursue compensation on your behalf. If necessary, we may be able to hire medical experts to testify in your case that the care you received fell below a reasonable standard and that another doctor in the same situation would have acted differently.
You should not have to pay for the medical expenses and lifelong care of a condition caused by a negligent doctor. Request your free consultation by calling (800) 222-9529.
Topeka Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Compensation Claims for Cerebral Palsy Birth Injuries
If your doctor is found liable for medical malpractice, your family may be owed compensation for the losses you incurred. This may include:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Missed work wages for the parent
- Prescription drugs and medical support devices
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
While the list mentioned above is not exhaustive, it can give you a picture of what may be on the table in terms of legal compensation. If you hire the Birth Injury Lawyers Group to represent your case, we can preserve the evidence available to assert your right to a monetary settlement or court award.
Click to contact our Topeka Cerebral Palsy lawyers today
A Limited Time to Act
Be aware that there is a limited time to file a compensation claim due to Kansas’ statute of limitations. When you call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, we will discuss how this legal time limit pertains to your case. If you wait too long and allow the statute of limitations to expire in your case, you may lose your ability to recover compensation in a lawsuit.
Even if you think your statute of limitations may have expired, call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group to check. There are some exemptions to this rule that could extend your time to sue.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Can Help You
Our Topeka cerebral palsy lawyers understand that your priority is caring for your child. We can take the claims process out of your hands so you can get back to what matters most.
When you hire the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, our team can:
- Answer your questions, give you legal advice, and discuss possible outcomes in your case
- Determine if you have a medical negligence or malpractice claim
- Investigate your claim and preserve evidence
- Provide expert testimony if it strengthens your case
- Offer guidance related to our state’s specific laws
- Act as a communication buffer between you and the doctor, hospital, and their insurers
- Compile an ongoing record of your financial and emotional damage
- Negotiate for a settlement with the insurance companies
- Bring the lawsuit to court if those liable are not willing to make you a fair and reasonable settlement offer
You are never alone when fighting for your child’s rights with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group. Our Topeka cerebral palsy lawyers will provide you and your family members empathetic and caring legal services throughout the entire time you work with us.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group for Free Information
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group warmly welcomes prospective clients to call us for a free consultation at (800) 222-9529. This no-obligation call can give you answers about your legal options.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group operates on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that we do not charge you anything up front to retain our legal services. Our payment comes as a percentage of your settlement offer or court awards if and when you win.