Erb’s palsy is a condition caused by the stretching of nerves that connect the spinal cord to the shoulder, arm, and hand, and is often the result of mishaps during birth. This injury is also referred to as a brachial plexus injury. If your child has suffered this type of injury at birth, they could be in for a significant recovery period or permanent effects of Erb’s palsy.
Your family may have a case for financial awards if medical malpractice is to blame for your child’s injury. Call our team at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 for a complimentary case review. We are here to represent Roswell families in medical malpractice cases.
For a free legal consultation with Roswell Erb's Palsy lawyer, call 1-800-222-9529
Brachial Plexus Injuries Can Be the Result of Delivery Errors
If your child has been diagnosed with a brachial plexus injury, you may want to consider whether an action was taken during the delivery process, or a mistake made prior to you going into labor, is the root cause of your child’s birth injury. Doctors have a duty to protect you and your child from harm if you are in their care, and Erb-Duchenne palsy may be an indication that they failed in this duty.
The origins of your child’s brachial plexus palsy could lie in errors that occurred before labor, such as:
- A doctor’s failure to spot a condition that may have increased the risk of a difficult birth. Erb’s palsy may be the result of your child becoming lodged in your womb.
- A doctor’s lack of planning for a possible premature birth.
- A doctor’s failure to prepare those assisting him or her with your delivery with a plan of action if your child was to become lodged in the womb, in which case a C-section may have been necessary.
Erb-Duchenne palsy is often the result of pulling on a baby’s arm, head, shoulders, or neck during the delivery process. Delivery errors that can cause a brachial plexus injury include:
- A doctor or nurse pulling on your child’s body with too much force, especially if the area pulled is connected to the nerves that suffered injury categorized as Erb’s palsy.
- A doctor failing to decide that a C-section is necessary soon enough, which may lead them to resort to unsafe means of delivery, such as pulling with too much force.
- A doctor taking actions that cause your child to remain lodged in the womb for an excessive amount of time.
- A doctor failing to exhaust all other methods for extracting your baby other than pulling on them in a way that may cause nerve damage.
- A doctor using extraction tools such as forceps or a vacuuming device in a way that causes your child’s injury.
If there is evidence that a doctor’s negligence caused your child’s brachial plexus palsy, they may be liable for the costs of these injuries. Call a Roswell Erb’s palsy lawyer at the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 to find out how we can help you pursue compensation for your child’s losses.
Roswell Erb's Palsy Lawyer Near Me 1-800-222-9529
Possible Compensatory Awards in an Erb’s Palsy Lawsuit
You may be facing several expenses and other losses related to your child’s birth injury. The responsible parties may be required to compensate you for them. Recoverable losses in this type of case may include:
- The cost of any surgery necessary to treat your child’s nerve damage.
- Medical bills relating to your delivery and post-delivery care for your child.
- The cost of physical therapy that is required for your child’s recovery.
- Any specially trained caregivers that you must hire.
- Income that you forfeit due to the need to tend to your child’s special health considerations.
- Pain, suffering, and trauma endured by you and your child.
- And more.
To discuss what specific compensation may be available in your case, contact a Roswell Erb’s palsy lawyer from the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529.
Click to contact our Roswell Erb's Palsy lawyers today
An Erb’s Palsy Attorney Can Seek Compensation on Your Behalf
Your focus right now is likely to care for your child and help them recover, and that is precisely where your attention should be. While you dedicate your time and effort to helping your baby or toddler, a lawyer can manage your family’s case for compensation.
When you partner with the Birth Injury Lawyers Group, an Erb’s palsy attorney from our firm will:
- Obtain and organize evidence that suggests or directly proves that the defendants in your case are guilty of negligence.
- Obtain any testimony from witnesses or experts that can testify to the likelihood or certainty of negligence causing your child’s birth injury.
- Communicate with the insurance company and courts on your behalf.
- Complete each of the necessary steps for your trial to reach the judgment or settlement stage.
- Protect your family’s rights and fight for compensation while you focus on your child’s recovery.
If the responsible party’s insurance company is not willing to make your family a fair settlement offer based on the facts of your case, we will not back down from taking them to court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Birth Injury Lawyers Group Today to Learn More
Do not wait to call an Erb’s palsy lawyer serving Roswell, as your case may be subject to a statute of limitations that impacts your timeframe for bringing legal action.
Call the Birth Injury Lawyers Group at (800) 222-9529 for a free consultation regarding your case for compensation.