If your child suffered a birth injury, you can call 1-800-222-9529 to find a birth injury lawyer in your state who can represent you and your family.
Any attorney who works on your case should, of course, be familiar with your state’s laws about birth injuries and medical malpractice. And your lawyer should have a track record of helping families get compensation for their birth injury damages.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group connects you with a lawyer equipped to help you with your medical malpractice case. Get started by calling 1-800-222-9529.
Things to Look for in a Birth Injury Lawyer
Here are a few suggestions on how to find a birth injury lawyer who is right for your case:
Familiarity With Your State’s Birth Injury and Medical Malpractice Laws
Find a lawyer who handles birth injury and medical malpractice cases in your state. Laws pertaining to birth injury cases vary from state to state, so your attorney should be familiar with the laws as they pertain to your state and your case. And, of course, the lawyer must be licensed to practice in your state.
The Birth Injury Lawyers Group can connect you with the right lawyer to handle your case in the state in which your child’s injury occurred. Call 1-800-222-9529.
Lawyer’s Track Record
Ask the attorney about similar cases he or she has handled in the past. The lawyer probably cannot divulge details about the cases like the names of the parties involved, because settlement documents often contain confidentiality provisions that keep the specifics a secret. But attorneys can usually speak in general terms about verdicts won and settlements reached.
How a Birth Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
When your baby has a birth injury, you already have your hands full with providing the extra care that your child needs.
A birth injury lawyer can deal directly with insurance companies, medical providers, and defense lawyers on your behalf so that you can devote your attention to your family. Here are some of the ways a lawyer can help:
- Avoid lowball settlement offers. People often find out later that they should have received much more money than they did.
- Take over communications on your behalf. Your lawyer can respond to insurer requests and manage the claims process for you.
- File your birth injury lawsuit. Your lawyer can also file your lawsuit and ensure you hit all the deadlines that apply to your family’s case.
- Build your evidence-based case. Your attorney can secure expert testimony, retrieve medical records, and gather other documents to prove liability.
- Fight for a fair settlement. Your birth injury attorney can also negotiate a settlement for your family’s losses and lifetime care costs.
Find a Birth Injury Lawyer in Your State
Each state has a deadline by which injuries parties must file medical malpractice lawsuits. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to recover the compensation that your family needs and deserves. Do not delay.
We are a nationwide group of lawyers who handle birth injury lawsuits. Call 1-800-222-9529 today to connect with a birth injury lawyer in your state.